Welcome Spring

After a long winter I'm so excited for spring to finally really be here. I think I'm going to take a little break from blogging and really enjoy the season. I have so many projects that I'm really looking forward to working on. Hope you all have a wonderful Spring time!

Monday, August 30

25 years young with Mod Podge








Wow, who knew this old dresser could look so good? I had it for about 25 years, it was stained a dark color with big brass drawer pulls, you know that eighties look, (ugly). So I gave it a fresh coat of white paint and that helped a lot, but it still needed a little pizazz. I found some cool scrap booking paper and using Mod Podge I applied the paper to the dresser drawers. Then I sanded the edges of the paper and lightly stained them.I love the way it turned out. I added old drawer pulls and some new. I really like using different pulls, it makes the piece much more interesting.

Visit thecsiproject.com

2 comments:

  1. It is beautiful. I love it. You are going to do great at the CSI linky. That piece is beautiful. Karie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cristie, I love YOU!! I love your blog!! My favorite thing about it is I can hear your voice and personality and little laugh in everything you say!! You are AMAZING!! I will send you that picture soon!! Kamie

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your thoughts. It helps keep my imagination flowing. Thank you!!