Welcome Spring

After a long winter I'm so excited for spring to finally really be here. I think I'm going to take a little break from blogging and really enjoy the season. I have so many projects that I'm really looking forward to working on. Hope you all have a wonderful Spring time!

Thursday, September 16

Spider webs everywhere!

 After you've decorated the whole house and the porch for Halloween, the only place left to go is up!

I thought it would be fun to hang some cob webs from the ceiling, (ok, so there are some already up there!)

For this project you will need:
 A couple of light weight branches
A package of Spider Web
Some orange Halloween lights, or a orange light bulb
Spanish moss
Spiders, bats, etc.
Fall leaves
Wire or fishing line
Small cup hooks
push pins

I attached the branches by putting a couple of cup hooks in my ceiling,(the holes can be easily patched with some putty, do it while your husband isn't looking) and wired the branches to the cup hooks. I put the hooks so that I could attach the branch at both ends. It's important to use light weight branches.

Next I added some orange lights, I put a push pin in the ceiling next to the wall, and stretched the cob web so it would conceal the cord and then ran an extension cord down the wall to my outlet. If you don't want to use the little lights you can always put a orange bulb in your ceiling light.



Then I added the webbing,really stretching it to make it look realistic. My light is in the center so it looks good during the day or at night with the orange lights. 





I added some pieces of spanish moss, fall leaves and of course a few bats and spiders hanging down, that I cut out of black scrapbook paper.


I'll be showing off my cob webs at:



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your thoughts. It helps keep my imagination flowing. Thank you!!