Welcome Spring

After a long winter I'm so excited for spring to finally really be here. I think I'm going to take a little break from blogging and really enjoy the season. I have so many projects that I'm really looking forward to working on. Hope you all have a wonderful Spring time!

Thursday, October 21

Happy chairs

My son found these two sad looking chairs at a yard sale and thought for sure I could fix them up.
Someone had taken a can of bright green spray paint and sprayed the front of the chair. I'm sure it was a kid!

First I took off the seat, it was a horrible vinyl! I was happy to get that off.


So I sanded and sanded and still it was hard to get off that green paint. Once I got it sanded off I wiped it down with paint thinner. Next I gave them a good coat of cream paint. I recovered the seats with so happy yellow fabric.



Now look how happy they are!

The cost was about $8.00 each.








Black Kats DesignMuralMaker and More

12 comments:

  1. Thank you for the sweet comment! Those chairs turned out great! I can never seem to find chairs that are cute and cheap...hopefully soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute chairs! what a sweet son you have to pick those up for you and they turned out great! Love the paint and glad you got rid of the vinyl!! Yay!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are gorgeous! Great work! Thanks so much for your comment today! It made me smile.

    Krista

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cristie, Can't believe how you can take something ugly and turn it into "darling"! Love the chairs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovvvve how the chairs turned out.

    Thanks for visiting me over at Pittypat Paperie and leaving the nice comment about the little coffin box. Hope you can drop by again sometimes Ÿ

    ReplyDelete
  6. These chairs turned out great! I love the yellow! Thanks for your nice comments!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for coming by and commenting. I always love to hear from folks! I am your newest follower and I love what you do with all of these pieces of furniture! You are a very talented lady. Come join me at www.myhappinessexperiment.blogspot.com some time! I love new friends.
    ~Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a talented woman you are! You do amazing work on furniture! I love Payson I used to date a guy that had grandparents who lived there and we visited one a month or so. My favorite was Mount Nebo Loop in fall... it's such an amazing beauty! Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ahhhh....that feels better. Thanks for helping.
    Love,
    the Chairs

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's awesome! way to go such an improvement! Thanks for stopping by my blog and I'm glad I found yours!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cristie,
    Another awesome makeover...they look great! I have featured your kitchen island at this weeks party...hop over and check it out! You can also grab my cute little featured button for your blog.

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great find! Beautiful finished product:)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your thoughts. It helps keep my imagination flowing. Thank you!!