Welcome Spring

After a long winter I'm so excited for spring to finally really be here. I think I'm going to take a little break from blogging and really enjoy the season. I have so many projects that I'm really looking forward to working on. Hope you all have a wonderful Spring time!

Thursday, January 6

Painting drawer handles

New door knobs can be so expensive to replace so I try to re-use them whenever I can by painting them.I always had a hard time painting door knobs until I learned this little trick.
First clean them off good, I use steel wool and a little paint thinner to get them clean.
I use a cardboard box and put the screw through and attach the knob or handle to the other side.

 Then I spray them with primer and then when the primer dries I paint the with Krylon spay paint. This is a great way to do it because you don't have to paint one side and then turn it to paint the other side. It's just one easy step, {well two} primer and then paint. Let them dry and then they're ready to use... great way to recycle and save some money.

1 comment:

I love hearing your thoughts. It helps keep my imagination flowing. Thank you!!