Welcome Spring

After a long winter I'm so excited for spring to finally really be here. I think I'm going to take a little break from blogging and really enjoy the season. I have so many projects that I'm really looking forward to working on. Hope you all have a wonderful Spring time!

Tuesday, September 14

Fall Wreath

To me this is the very
 best time of the year!

I love all the fall colors, cool mornings, pulling out sweaters, leaves falling, pumpkins and the bounty of harvest.


I needed a new wreath for my door and I wanted one to last through Thanksgiving. So I came up with this pretty and simple wreath.

You will need some wood cutout leaves.
Two yards ribbon.
Round wood ring. (I got this at Roberts Craft, it is actually the letter "O"). It is about 12" in diameter.
Krylon spay paint, yellow, red, olive green.
And of course some Gorilla Wood Glue!

I first sprayed the ring Krylon's new Olive Green, great color!

Next I randomly sprayed some yellow on the leaves, then some red and green and kept spraying til I got the look I wanted.


Next I paint the veins of the leaves with black acrylic paint, using a fine tip paint brush. This really made the leaves look natural, you could also use a wood burner to get the same effect.


I added a ribbon, looping it around the base and tying a knot. Then I tied another knot about three inches and tied a shoe string bow.


I arranged the leaves and glued them on.



My wreath is ready to welcome friends,
family and the beautiful fall season.

I'll be showing my fall wreath off at



Visit thecsiproject.com          All Thingz Related     

Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special
Get your craft on Thurs.



Black Kats Design

2 comments:

I love hearing your thoughts. It helps keep my imagination flowing. Thank you!!