Welcome Spring

After a long winter I'm so excited for spring to finally really be here. I think I'm going to take a little break from blogging and really enjoy the season. I have so many projects that I'm really looking forward to working on. Hope you all have a wonderful Spring time!

Monday, September 13

I Hate Cleaning Paint Brushes!

I really hate cleaning paint brushes! It just seems to take forever to get all the paint out. Then the next day when your back to  painting or have to stop for a few hours, you find yourself cleaning them again. So this is my tip for all of you that don't like cleaning your paint brushes-

When your finished for the day take your brush and wrap it in a plastic bag and put it in the freezer. When your ready to start painting again just take it out and the brush will thaw out in about 20 minutes. If you're like me and can't wait to get started, put the brush (still in the plastic bag) in a cup of hot water and it will be ready to go in minutes!

Happy Painting Everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Here is another tip for you for cleaning brushes. Add a cap of fabric softner to water in a bucket and rinse your brushes in there. It works fabulous. I have done it for years. The fabric softner takes the paint out of your brushes and leaves your brushes soft and ready for use next time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh. I despise cleaning brushes, too! I ran across the freezer tip a few years back and it was a life changing moment! The comment from Anonymous is intriguing - cleaning the brush in fabric softener! I'm going to have to try that - I'll bet the residue left on the brush would make the next cleanup a breeze as well.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your thoughts. It helps keep my imagination flowing. Thank you!!